Thursday, July 23, 2009

Olam Ahava


In English means everlasting love. I came across the 2 words when I was reading a Psalm and I instantly fell in love with them. Then I thought, Wonder what that looks like in Hebrew. So I went on Google Translator and found out. It looks pretty awesome. Now I am addicted to writing it all over. In fact I am going to get my TOMS painted on the first and somewhere it's gonna say Olam Ahava (in the Hebrew text that is). Also if I ever get a tattoo this would be it. Don't worry mother, I'll wait until my 18th birthday. But for now I'll be writing it on my wrist every now and then.


Post Script: In the picture, excuse the awkward arm. And a little F.Y.I my arm is not fat in real life at all.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

whatever you do, do not rely on google when you get it tattooed. find a hebrew bible or get a jewish person to help you translate.
google translations tend to be very crud at times when it comes to the alphabet. plus you want to have the right tense

rachel said...

sweetie, your tattoo is backwards. the letters are reversed, and the correct usage is "ahava olam"

I am very sorry to inform you, but the hebrew alphabet reads from right to left, and your letters are written from left to right.