Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Tissue Please

Ya I'm sick and at home. It totally sucks too, I'm just glad that I'm not missing much at school. Wait a second this is the first time this year I missed a school day. Wow usually by this time I would have already have been sick twice now. So here i am writing my random thoughts and strange facts.The thing that has been on my mind now is Edgar Allan Poe. In the first semester I read 2 of his stories for English. He didn't cross my mind until I saw an episode of "Ace of Cakes" where they made a cake for a Restaurant called Annabel Lee which is named after a poem he wrote. That poem was actually the last one he wrote before he died. Anyways I thought I would look it up and read it. It was really good, sad but good. You should look it up too. after I read it i decided to read some of his other poems. I really like "A Dream Within a Dream".

I found out from my friend Andrew that the original use for Play-Doh was a wallpaper cleaner. Hmm never thought of that.

Another thing is when I was talking to my friend on facebook and after I typed out my message I wrote "P.S" than I thought, "what dose that even stand for?" So I searched it on Wikipedia and it said it stands for post script. That comes form the Latin term post scriptum which means "after writing". I will have to remember that the next time I write P.S.

I leave you with a Psalm. :)

Psalm 30:11-12

11 You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
12 that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. LORD my God, I will praise you forever.

No comments: